What does it mean SEO and how it works?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the number and quality of visitors to a website by improving rankings in the algorithmic search engine results. We use SEO for optimizing a website for search engines, and also for subset of search engine marketing including good copyrighting (most of the technique that are used to promote sites in search engines deal with text).
Some of Technic for SEO we can use for:
- Designing and developing a website to rank well in search engine result.
- Improving traffic to a website from search engines.
- Marketing by understanding how search algorithm work, and what human visitors might search.
But how it works?
SEO engines perform several activities in order to deliver search result today We will focus only on few the most important:
- Crawling - Process of technique all the web pages linked to a website. This task is performed by a software, called a crawler or a spider (Googlebot, in case of Google).
- Indexing - Process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them in to a giant database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page to particular keywords.
- Processing - when a search request comes, to search engine process it, i.e it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- Calculating relevancy - it is likely that more than one page contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in the index to the search strings.
- Retrieving results - The last step in the search engine activities is retrieve the best matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply siplaying them in the browser.
Search engines such as Google and Yahoo often update their relevancy algorithm dozens of times per month. When you see changes in your rankings it is due to an algorithmic shift of something else outside of your control.
Although the basic principle of operation of all search engines is the same, the minor differences between their relevancy algorithms lead to major changes in results relevancy.
So, where is relation to Copyright?
Nowadays writing a good article is not enough, to be more visible on search result we need to use the technique of writing view able text on a web pages in such a way that it reads well for the surfer. Targets specific search terms. Its purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms.
Along with view able text, SEO copyrighting usually optimizes other on-page elements for the targeted search terms. These include the title, description, keywords tags, headings, and alternative text.
The idea behind SEO copyrighting is that search engines want genuine content pages and not additional pages often called "doorway pages" that are created for the sole purpose of achieving high rankings. So its, mean good copyright sentence cover high ranking words to make text more visible in organic search.
How Search engine Rank?
When you search any keywords using a search engine, it displays thousands of result found in its database. A page ranking is measured by the position of web pages displayed in the search engine result. If a search engine is putting your web page on the first position, then your web pages rank will be number 1 and it will be assumed as the page with the highest rank.
SEO is the process of designing and developing a website to attain a high rank in search engine result but result are also depend of On-Page and Off Page SEO.
Where is the Difference between this two? Off and ON page SEO?
About this topic we could write another article, the topic is very wide:
- On-Page SEO - providing good content, good keywords selection, putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page ect.
- Off-Page SEO - It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting open directories, search engines, link exchange, etc.
is short for Search Engine Optimization, and there is nothing really mystical about it. basically what it is, is a measurable, repeatable process that is used to send signals to search engines that your pages are worth showing in Google's index.