SEO Tactics & Method - Good and bad practices
On previous article We were discuss about fundamentals of SEO, but what is the next step?
This time we would like introduce you more in to basic Tactics and Method for good practice SEO
On early beginning you can classify into two main categories:
- White Hat SEO - Technique that search engines recommend as part of a good design
- Black Hat SEO - This one Search Engine do not approve and attempt to minimize the effect of. This technique are also known as spamdexing (more about it a bit later)
What it is WHITE HAT SEO?
Here is a few tactic what we would like to recommend you. Try to follow a WHITE HAT SEO tactics and do not try to fool your site visitors.
- You can conforms to the search engines guidelines.
- Be sure it does not involve in any deception
- The content a search engine indexes, and subsequently ranks, is the same content a user will see.
- Double check the web page content - it should have been created for the users and not just for the search engines.
- The most important is a good quality of the web pages.
- Availability of useful content on the web pages.
Let's talk now a little bit about "Dark Side of SEO" Is it that what we NOT recommend you to do.
What it is BLACK HAT or other way called "Spamdexing"
Always stay away from any of the points bellow to improve the rank of your site, here is few point what is disaproved by search engines.
- Do not redirecting user from a page that is built for search engines to one that is more human friendly.
- Do not redirecting users to a page that was different from the page the search engine ranked.
- Cloackinng SEO - Serving one version of a page to search engine spider / bots and another version to human visitors, it's very bad practice.
- Don't use hidden or invisible text or with the page background color, using a tiny font size or hiding them within the HTML code such as "no frame"sections.
- Metatag Surfing - Repeating keywords in the metatags, and using keywords that are unrelated to the website content.
- Keyword Stuffing - Calculated placement of keywords within a page to raise the keyword count. variety, and density of the page.
- Doorway (Gateway) Pages - Don't Create low-quality web pages that contain very little content but are instead stuffed with very similar keywords and phrases.
- Mirror website by hosting multiple website - all with conceptually similar content but using different URL's
- Also do not Create a rogue copy of popular website which shows contents similar to the original to a web crawler, but redirects web surfers to unrelated or malicious website. This is called Page Hijacking.
Search engines are smart enough to identify all the above properties of your site and ultimately you are not going to get anything.Share with us your experience, what is in your opinion the best practice for build strong SEO? Link to previous article: https://blog.planb-cambodia.com/seo/introduction-to-seo/ Leave a comment!